I don’t have a tattoo. It’s not that I dread the pain of getting one or don’t admire the art of them. Getting a tattoo means making two big decisions, and I can’t settle on either of them… what to get? Where to put it?
I once knew a man who ended up being a murderer. He took a hammer to his sickly, elderly mother’s head because she refused to give him money. After he killed her he went to the nearest bar, ordered a drink, and confessed. When he was a teenager, he cheated at Monopoly, and I knew then he would never be an upstanding citizen.
I spend most of the year confused. I call it being “seasonally confused.” As a full-time RVer — living and traveling all over the US and Canada in our recreational vehicle, without a “sticks and bricks” house somewhere — we spend winters in warm climates and traveling the north country during the summer. As I write this, we’re along the Pacific shore in the northwest, where ocean breezes keep us in sweaters on August days while the rest of the country roasts in triple digits.
I’ve been writing stories since I could string a few words together on paper to create sentences. These days I’m scribbling mysteries featuring Walt and Betty Rollin, retirees who are full-time RVers (sound familiar?) who also solve mysteries.
Writers are always confessing something… so I’ll confess one last thing: you’ll find lots of great inside info on the Rollin Mystery series and get some neat free stuff along the way!
Everybody loves goodies… and you’ll find a variety of them here: the latest news about Ellen’s books, interviews with other writers, links to her blogs, and freebies galore!
- Discover more about the Rollin RV Mystery series on the Books page, including summaries and reviews, as well as how to order print or e-versions. (They make awesome gifts, you know, especially for RVers.
- Follow Ellen’s real-life adventures (you know, the ones that inspire the Rollin RV Mysteries!).
- Where do these whacky ideas come from? How does one writer go from idea to finished novel? Why would an already published author decide to self-publish? What else goes on in the oddball head of a writer? Lucky for you, Ellen blogs about stuff that strikes her fancy. Don’t forget to sign up to follow her posts so you won’t miss anything crucial (because you could, you know).
- Wondering what the “full-time RV lifestyle” is all about? A non-RVer yourself who’d like to sort out Class A RVs from Class Cs? Black water from gray water (and you really do need to know the difference between those two)? Click the RVing for NonRVers link for stuff you might have read in a Rollin RV Mystery that made you scratch your head about RVing. (And if you still wonder about something, drop Ellen an e-mail — she loves hearing from readers!)
- Has Ellen done anything other than write? Of course she has — how else do you get ideas for books, articles, short stories, essays, and poems? Read more About ellenbooks for background info.
- Though living anonymously on the road helps her gather characters and experiences for her books, she’s not known to turn down interview requests. E-mail Ellen at ellenbehr[at]aol[dot]com to request a media kit, an interview, or just drop her a line about reading and writing.
Thanks for visiting!
Copyright 2017 Ellen Behrens
All rights reserved. Duplication by any means of any content or images contained on this site is prohibited by law.
Please request permission.