The mystery that started it all for Walt and Betty Rollin…
Who knew birdwatching could lead to such trouble? Visiting the Outer Banks of North Carolina for the first time in about ten years, Walt and Betty Rollin are disappointed to discover the RV “resort” they’re staying in isn’t what they expected. Worse, every time they emerge from their RV, neighbors Talkative Ted or Clingy Caroline seem to be right there, eager to chat. They escape for a few hours to the Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge on Hatteras Island, but even a morning of quiet birdwatching is shattered when Betty spots a very non-avian body in a back pond.
- Want to read a bit before deciding whether to purchase a copy? The first two chapters of this 300+ page novel are free to download and read. (Nope — I’m not collecting any info on you to nag you to buy it, I promise!)
Everyone loves Walt and Betty! Here’s just a bit of what readers are saying:
- One full-time RVer and blogger wrote, “Once I picked it up I didn’t want to put it down. I could totally relate to the characters in just about every instance … except find the dead body of course!” Another reviewer called it a “cliff hanger.”
- Jaimie Hall Bruzenak of RV Lifestyle Experts called it an “engrossing light read can be read in one or two sittings; you probably won’t want to put it down. The characters are believable; you may have encountered similar characters in your travels. Betty was an unlikely but engaging sleuth and the plot had enough red herrings to keep you guessing until the end. I’m eagerly awaiting the next adventure of Walt and Betty!”
- Marcella Gauthier, reviewing the book for the Escapees magazine, called it a “real page-turning mystery… This book kept me reading long past my usual ‘lights-out’ hour.”
- Editor and author Cher Bibler wrote, “When the next Rollin RV mystery comes along, I’ll be waiting for it. Eagerly.”
For more reviews, just click the “Pea Body Reviews” menu option.
To purchase a copy for yourself or as a gift, just pick your preferred format below!
Please note there have been some recent problems with online book sales through the Lulu distribution system… All seems good with Amazon at the moment, but other e-formats might be temporarily unavailable. My apologies! If you need a copy ASAP, please click the “E-Mail Ellen” link to send me a note.